7.28.2010

Why Can't We All Be Green?

I have a secret to share. It's a bit embarrassing, but I must get this off my chest.

My husband isn't very "green." He doesn't recycle like the rest of our family - sometimes he'll throw cans or plastic bottles in the trash rather than walking 10 steps to put it in the recycle basket.

More than that, instead of taking a sports bottled of water to work he insists on a plastic bottle of water. I understand that it might look more sophisticated to take the plastic bottle, but isn't embracing the reusable bottle a finer choice, an "I'm for the better good" selection that overcomes the "I'm bringing a bag lunch from home" stigma?

Don't get me wrong - my husband is a wonderful man. We just have different priorities for recycling and conserving. So thanks for letting me share.

Photo by Svilen Milev
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=- 307482866218

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, whaddya think? Tell us!