11.27.2009

Waiting in the Dark to Shop on Black Friday

I can't believe I'm going to do it. Head out before 5 a.m. to purchase a laptop at Best Buy, planning to arrive as the door opens at 5 for me and the other crazy people hoping to snag a great deal. My shame is great.

You see, I AVOID stores the day after Thanksgiving. I'm not blessed with much patience and mobs of frantic shoppers - well, that and a stick in my eye will make my day, you know what I mean? I've nearly completed my holiday shopping, most of it done online. (I'm a huge fan of free shipping!)

But my son, who will soon graduate from high school and leave for college, needs a laptop. He and I've done our homework and found a good, smart, Consumer Reports-endorsed computer that is just what he needs. We either buy it direct from Toshiba or save some money and go to Best Buy. With the crazy shoppers. And so we join the crazy people.

At least I have some dignity. After all, we didn't camp out. We stayed home and enjoyed a nice family day and a delicious turkey dinner. Plus, I'm getting a massage later in the morning. I should return to a zen-like state by the end of that hour. But if they don't have that computer...

Photo by Dmitry Mayatskyy

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, whaddya think? Tell us!