12.04.2009

Creative and Affordable Gift Ideas for the Shopping-challenged

It's time to post some gift ideas, which is my contribution to Christmas shopping karma (I think I just created a paradox). You see, I have sought out other gift idea lists and it's only fair that I share some of my own. Keeps it all in balance and I need that, considering that I've mixed Christmas with karma.

So here are some of my favorite things. Are they gifts I purchased? Maybe - or maybe I needed a little present for myself. Nonetheless, I'll try to ID the items I've seen first-hand versus the ones I only saw online (the ol' reality vs. concept approach).

First, here's the Gorillapod from Photojojo. As stated on the website, the Gorillapod is a "...fun and pocketable tripod supports a Point & Shoot camera just like a mini version of a traditional tripod. But bend its tentacle-like arms it'll stand on uneven surfaces, wrap around poles, tree branches, or railings, and grab onto nearly any object in sight." Only $23! For SLR camera owners they also offer a Gorillapod SLR Zoom for $50. Photojojo is an amazing website for photography lovers, so check it out and sign up for the email newsletter.

Fred Flare has some great bargains right now, with free shipping if you spend $75 and great bargains. It's one of my favorite go-to spots for stocking stuffers... for example, the Breakfast Floss, which they call "the most important floss of the day." Three different flavors come in the $12 set - waffle, bacon and coffee. Yum. (I even got one for my stocking)

A newcomer to my list of online shopping sites is Click! Design that Fits, a great little shop in Seattle. I found this awesome Night Carafe (made in Japan by Tampopo) for people like me who always take a glass of water to bed. Just $15 (yeah, I got one of these for me, too).

I have more gifts and shops to suggest, so check back. Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, whaddya think? Tell us!