6.19.2011

My family just returned from an eight-day roadtrip during which we drove nearly 2,000 miles. With that much driving, we visited plenty of restrooms at truck stops, gas stations and fast food joints, always hoping that a tidy appearance on the building exterior would mean similar results in the bathroom. Sadly, that was rarely the case.

Sanitation aside, my
biggest beef was the lack of hooks or shelves where I could place my purse. After all, God only knows what was on those floors, especially the really filthy ones.

Are men still designing all the restrooms in the US? Equal numbers of stalls for both genders, plus guys get urinals - how ridiculous is that? But nowhere to put your purse? That's plain thoughtless.

Perhaps it's too much to hope that business owners will clean their restrooms. I don't expect miracles. But could they at least provide a hook or clean shelf for purses? I'd be very grateful.

Photo by Lisandra Barros Mendonça

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, whaddya think? Tell us!