2.01.2009

A Passion for Travel: So When Is It My Turn to Win the Lottery?

I love to travel. Maybe it started when I was young, when my family moved around the US because of my father's job (I'd lived in 11 different places by the time I was 12).

Though I got to see a lot of the US while crisscrossing the country on family moves, I didn't see much of the rest of the world. There were two trips to Mexico (the first one, crossing the border to Mexico on a boozy day-trip, doesn't really count; the second trip lasted a full week and was fascinating). I went to the Bahamas and Jamaica, but only Jamaica "counted" because I needed a passport to go.

Then, when I turned 45, I joined my husband on a business trip to Prague. Wow! Amazing. The following year we took our kids to Germany and Belgium, and last year the hubby and I traveled to Ireland. I'm hooked.

We need to win Lotto before more trips like those. In the meantime, I'll dream about fabulous places. But once I get the bucks, I'm outta here. And these are some of the spots I look forward to visiting:

* Paris
* Edinburgh, Scotland
* Italy (too many places to list separately)
* Alaska
* Morocco (Casablanca, of course, and Fez, where a cooking class for traditional Moroccan fare is offered)
* Japan (to visit my husband's "people")
* Maine
* Calgary
* Old Faithful
* a volcano (I'm fascinated by plate tectonics and such)

Any suggestions to offer about some of my dream destinations? Leave a comment and let me know.

Photo note: We took the top photo of the Porta Negro, or Black Gate, in Trier, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, whaddya think? Tell us!